inforce6410plus, ubuntu, wlan problem
ahmad
2018-02-22 19:11:10 UTC
I installed linaro ubuntu from https://releases.linaro.org/
ubuntu/boards/snapdragon/latest/ on my board, Inforce6410PLUS by the
following commands.I did not install anything else on the board:

sudo fastboot flash boot
boot-qcom-apq8064-ifc6410-qcom-snapdragon-20151026-139.img
sudo fastboot flash cache firmware-qcom-snapdragon-20151026-139.img
sudo fastboot flash -S 768M userdata
linaro-vivid-developer-qcom-snapdragon-20151026-139.img

the problem is that linux does not show Ethernet or wlan0 as the output of
ifconfig.
I did "modprobe -r ath6kl_sdio" then "modprobe ath6kl_sdio" but nothing
changed.

How can I solve the problem?
ahmad
2018-02-23 00:30:39 UTC
update:
I tested another board, and the eth0 showed up, but not the wlan0, which I
need. right now, I installed the vivid version(the latest debian)

How can I solve the problem?
Nicolas Dechesne
2018-02-23 09:33:35 UTC
hey,
Post by ahmad
I tested another board, and the eth0 showed up, but not the wlan0, which I
need. right now, I installed the vivid version(the latest debian)
I did "modprobe -r ath6kl_sdio" then "modprobe ath6kl_sdio" but nothing
changed.
a boot log/dmesg would definitely help us.. you are not providing a
lot of information..
Post by ahmad
How can I solve the problem?
I installed linaro ubuntu from https://releases.linaro.org/ub
untu/boards/snapdragon/latest/ on my board, Inforce6410PLUS by the
Please note that this is a 2.5 year old release. We stopped doing
Ubuntu releases in Oct 2015, when we moved to Debian. Newer Debian
based releases are available here:

http://releases.linaro.org/debian/boards/snapdragon/

However they are still old , and we haven't made releases for quite
some time.. However you might be able to get a newer release from
Inforce directly. They tend to make their own releases as well (they
are very similar to ours, since they are based on what we've done). We
are not planning any new release on IFC6410.
Post by ahmad
sudo fastboot flash boot boot-qcom-apq8064-ifc6410-qcom-snapdragon-20151026-139.img
sudo fastboot flash cache firmware-qcom-snapdragon-20151026-139.img
sudo fastboot flash -S 768M userdata linaro-vivid-developer-qcom-snapdragon-20151026-139.img
the most obvious issue I can think of, if that you haven't installed
the firmware. As explained in the release notes, the file you are
flashing in the 'cache' partition does not include the firmware, it's
empty by default, because we (Linaro) do not have redistributions
rights for them. The release notes explain how to get the firmware
from Inforce and install them. Without the firmware, Ethernet would
work (it does not need firmware), but WLAN won't. That looks like it
could be your issue.